Monday, September 28, 2009

God You & The Heavenly UPS Guy


Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing without revealing His plan to His servants the prophets
- Amos 3:7

A friend of mine, Os Hillman, received a prophecy. Essentially it was this, "You (Os) are called to free workplace believers from the Esau life." When God gave that word He did so through a third party. It was a someone who was not directly involved in Hillman's life. At the time he had been in the midst of trying to understand some catastrophic events that shook his world. As he reflected this story back to me recently, he shared how he was able to see that God gave this person supernatural insight that revealed his Heavenly Fathers personal calling on his life.

Regardless of what you might think. There is zero evidence that God stopped prophecy or stopped using prophecy. Every clear delineation of the changing of His operations, God has spoken directly about the change. There has been nothing but conjecture about God and miracles being suspended. And the prophetic is certainly miraculous. Is has not nor is it being wiped from the earth. I have heard Os' story repeated dozens of times; someone using a prophetic word to call a person into service or encourage them in their work.

God still uses His prophets today to reveal His plans in the lives of His people.

I have seen Amos 3:7 (verse at the top) proved over and over in the lives of God's people. It is as though God sends out His special forces to inform His chosen ones, His kids, His people, what is ahead for them.

Sometimes He does this because He knows the event will require such changes in that person's life and so He wants to assure them of His love. We are not good with change. We really aren't good with dramatic change and God author's dramatic change.

I've also had the role flipped on me. God has used me as a prophet in the lives of others. I must tell you, "Prophet" is not my primary calling. When I think of it, it's not a particularly comfortable role for me. But I prefer to be uncomfortable and obedient than comfortable and dead wrong. In the Church Age, since the Holy Spirit is available to all God's kids, it is likely the Holy Spirit will, at some point, and if you are open and obedient, more than once, use you in this role also.

Let me be clear about something to you. I require God's direction. You see, when you turn a whole life (your life) over to Him you've pretty much given up other forms of guidance. Every other map, compass, directory is flawed. It cannot take me to where my leader wishes me to go. You need to, if you have not been, thinking about this in terms of God and you also.

I wish to warn you now if you are a God-pleaser; He will bring peeps into your life to whom He expects to use you as His mouthpiece. I'm just telling you now. Expect it! Anticipate it! Be ready for it! Are you ready? I mean it!

Friends and family, are your eyes and ears spiritually sensitive so that you will know who are messengers of God and when YOU are the messenger of God? Elisha had a servant who could not see or hear with spiritual eyes and ears until Elisha prayed they would be opened. Then the servant could see the great army of God protecting them (check out 2 Kings 6:17).

Today, with me, pray that we might see and hear with the extraordinary, supernatural power of the Holy Spirit. He may desire to reveal His purposes and plans through another individual or through us. Regardless, it is miraculous to behold and peace to our hearts and direction for our weary feet.

I remain...

InHISgrip,
~J~

No comments:

Post a Comment